Saturday, October 25, 2008

work for the harvest

I'm going to check those links out in a minute, but first i'm going to post these very works in progress for the stuff I'm doing for that other story, The Harvest by Amy Hempel.

In a nutshell the story is about a girl who is in a car accident, where her leg is damaged, and has to spend some time in the hospital. But the story is so much more than the sum of its parts. I love it, frankly.

I've been trying to work quite loosely with the backgrounds and things here. I was looking at some of Gary P's stuff, on his blog, and wanted to try and knock together these nice abstract backgrounds. I started these images by trying to get the cast working well together and then throwing in a fun background, but one that's a bit more restrained. I don't know how I feel about them really and I'm not explaining myself entirely well right now.
































































































I have presented these in the order they were developed. Some stages have been neglected, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment