Saturday, October 4, 2008

Patterns


I have this book by Drusilla Cole collecting these various patterns together.
It's a good book, generally. Alot of the patterns are great however if there was a little more information on the artists featured or their process in creating the patterns it would be better. But what can you do. Here's some patterns. The first two are by someone called Alex Russell and the third is by Joanna Kinnersley-Taylor.



I'd like to include more pattern and texture work in my illustration. I'm just no good with patterns. I've never made any I thought were worth anything.
That said I was screen printing some patterns from a book last Friday and I'm about to try and make some images featuring them, so maybe it will be a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment