Wednesday, December 16, 2009

3D projection on buildings

Projection on Buildings from NuFormer Digital Media on Vimeo.



How did they do it? I don't know.

Is it even possible? I'm not sure.

So what have I just watched? Couldn't say.

Supposedly this video features 3D animations projected onto buildings. It looks great, and it's a great idea (but what could you use it for?) but I need to research how they did it. It's so clear as well that I'm finding it hard to believe it is a genuine projection.

Apparently it is. Slightly more information is available here: http://vimeo.com/4238052

A conversation I had about this with my friend Ben:

Roland:
i mean this is EXACTLY that bit in back to the future 2
when he thinks he's gonna get eaten by a 3D Jaws
but this actually looks MORE realistic

Ben:
i would just use this
to make it look like there was a door on a wall
and have people walking in to it on the projection
and then a real person would try
but it would actually in reality just be a spike

No comments:

Post a Comment